Spokane Empire Player Q&A - John Hardy-Tuliau Jun 12, 2017 13:07:42 GMT -8
Post by David on Jun 12, 2017 13:07:42 GMT -8
#33 John Hardy-Tuliau (DB)
John Hardy-Tuliau is a 6'0'', 205 lb defensive back from the University of Hawai'i. As a member of the Rainbow Warriors, he earned All-Mountain West Conference honorable mentions and Third-Team All-MWC honors during his senior season. Prior to joining Spokane, the 24-year-old from Murrieta, CA spent time with the AFL's Los Angeles KISS and the CFL's BC Lions from 2014-2015.
In his first IFL season, Hardy-Tuliau is part an Empire youthful defensive backfield. Through 15 games, Hardy-Tuliau leads the Empire with 6 interceptions, tied for the third highest in the IFL. He also ranks second on the Empire with 78 total tackles and 9 pass breakups. Last week against the Iowa Barnstormers, Hardy-Tuliau notched two endzone interceptions off of QB Travis Partridge and would have had three INTs had the latter not been called back because of a penalty.
He was named the Week 6 IFL Defensive Player of the Week for his 9 tackle performance in which he had a pass breakup and an interception off of Salt Lake Screaming Eagles QB Verlon Reed.
You can follow him on Twitter at jht_33.
Hardy-Tuliau answers our questions below:
1. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in football so far?
Signing and making final roster in the CFL.
2. What was it that drew you to Spokane and to earn a roster spot with this team?
Following my passion, wanting to be apart of a great program.
3. What's your impression of the Spokane Empire organization and the Ninth Man compared to other places you've played?
Awesome, love the atmosphere.
4. What impact do you hope to make with the Empire this season?
Hope to make big plays for the Defense.
5. What personal or team goals do you wish to accomplish this season?
Personal: Rookie of the Year. Team: Win the Championship.
6. What is your biggest long-term goal for your professional football career?
Make it to the NFL.
7. Who has inspired you the most in your football career and in life?
8. How do you like to spend your free time?
Bowling, watching movies, spending time with family.
9. What would you like Empire and IFL fans to know about you that they might not know?
I am a big family guy! Love spending time with my brothers and sisters. Oldest of 10!
(Graphic courtesy SCtoC)
To comment on this and other topics on this forum, please login or register.