Spokane Empire Player Q&A - Andrew Jackson Jun 15, 2017 10:04:09 GMT -8
Post by David on Jun 15, 2017 10:04:09 GMT -8
#8 Andrew Jackson (LB)
Andrew Jackson is a 6'4'', 245 l lb linebacker from Western Kentucky University. The 25-year old from Lakeland, FL, joined the Empire during the 2017 IFL Offseason. Prior to joining Spokane, he was a 6th Round pick by the Indianapolis Colts in the 2014 NFL Draft. In that season, he appeared in 13 games and recorded 10 tackles and 1.0 sack.
Jackson's first season with the Empire has been successful. With the presence of Nick Haag and Pasquale Vacchio, Jackson's been a versatile addition for Spokane, playing at defensive line in addition to his natural position of linebacker. He leads all Empire defenders with 97 total tackles (59 solo) and 11.5 tackles for loss. His 4.0 sacks are the third highest on the team and 97 total tackles rank fifth in IFL. He's also recorded an interception and 5 pass breakups.
According to the Empire's player bio, Jackson is also the cousin of Empire DB Tyree Robinson.
Jackson answers our questions below:
1. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in football so far?
Making it this far. Progressing as a man.
2. What was it that drew you to Spokane and to earn a roster spot with this team?
My cousin said it was a great place, and come and get better.
3. What's your impression of the Spokane Empire organization and the Ninth Man compared to other places you've played?
I love it. No other place I'd (rather) be.
4. What impact do you hope to make with the Empire this season?
Make everyone around me better.
5. What personal or team goals do you wish to accomplish this season?
6. What is your biggest long-term goal for your professional football career?
Make my parents proud.
7. Who has inspired you the most in your football career and in life?
My mother; a true soldier.
8. How do you like to spend your free time?
Working out. Pushups, 2K.
9. What would you like Empire and IFL fans to know about you that they might not know?
I love the game.
(Graphic courtesy SCtoC)
To comment on this and other topics on this forum, please login or register.