SCtoC River Kings Player Q&A - Travonti "Tuff" Johnson Apr 30, 2019 1:11:29 GMT -8
Post by Yeseeka on Apr 30, 2019 1:11:29 GMT -8
This is one of a series of Player Q&A's for the Cedar Rapids River Kings. This Q&A was submitted to all 10 IFL teams. We will post those which we have received periodically throughout the season. Thank you to River Kings New Media Coordinator Paige Parker and co-owner/adviser Ryan Eucker for assisting in bringing this feature to our readers. Photo courtesy Cedar Rapids River Kings. Graphic by David /SCtoC. Data input by Monika /SCtoC.
Tuff Johnson is an indoor football veteran who has pretty much seen it all in the sport. He is a 6'2", 210-lb. linebacker out of Central Florida. Early in his career, he spend time with the NFL's New York Giants. He's seen action in several indoor football leagues, including a stint with the Iowa Barnstormers in 2011. He was with the Nebraska Danger in the IFL in 2013, and played for Cedar Rapids (known at the time as the Titans) from 2013 to 2014. He was the Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2008 in the current Indoor Football League's precursor league by the same name. Tuff was a member of the Billings Outlaws' United Bowl championship team of 2010. He has 32 tackles, two fumble recoveries, three pass break ups and 1.5 tackles for loss for the River Kings through week 10 this season.
Here are Tuff's answers to our questions:
1. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in football so far?
Making it to the NFL.
2. What were your first impressions of the prospect of playing indoor football?
Laughed with my cousin because he was going to IFL.
3. What was it that made you want to come and try out for the team?
The fact I was released from the NFL.
4. Who has inspired you most in your football career and in life?
Deion Sanders in football; my parents in life.
5. What is your biggest long-term goal for your football career?
To be the best DB in indoor football ever.
6. What would you like to accomplish this season?
Same as every season; championship and end the season healthy.
7. What are you looking forward to most about the upcoming season?
Being back with Stoute, Custer, Smith and my boy Ricky Johnson.
8. Please describe how important your family has been to you during your football journey?
They have been everything. That's what keeps my grinding..
9. What is at the heart of your desire to continue your football career?
This is all I know other than my family, but I also have a college degree.
10. What would you like IFL fans to know about you?
I may look mad all the time, but don't be afraid to talk to me. It's just my passion to win; that's all.
To share this post on social media, please go to the right side of the page to the social media icons and choose which social media site(s) to share the thread. To comment on this thread and others on this forum, please login or register